Remote start not responding after battery change

I've installed a new battery in my '93 Mazda 626. Car starts up great now.

For some reason, my remote door locks/starter is no longer functioning. When I "flash" the hood pin the parking lights blink normally. When I press Start or Lock/Unlock nothing happens at all - no click, etc. I've tried the programming steps as if it were a new remote, but at the point where you hit a button for it to learn, nothing happens. The battery in the remote is less than a week old, so should be fine.

I've disconnected the battery again to try and reset the unit with no luck. I've removed and reinstalled the battery in the remote as well. Next is a fresh battery then checking fuses and relays.

Anyone have any idea where I should start looking?

Unit is a ProStart CT-3400 TW. Starter cutout and horn not installed.

Thx!

Reply to
Calab

Just a SWAG, but does the remote system need to "learn" the remote again? Gotta be some kind of code reading going on between the units so they recognize each other.

Pete

Reply to
ratatouillerat

This was the problem... When I tried to relearn the remote originally I didn't "flash" the hood pin properly.

Reply to
Calab