Sagging

I've always thought since installing my lift the rear sat just a tad lower than the front. That was even with the stock spare. Now I have the 33" MTs on there and an LoD bumper/tire carrier. Seems to be lower, but I don't know if it's an optical illusion. Anyone know if the rear fender height is supposed to be the same as the front? Figure I could get the measuring tape and be sure.

I have a feeling it's because the kit didn't specify 4 or 6 cyl -- front springs could be more heavy-duty for the 6 and my lighter 4 is sitting higher. I'm guessing I'll need 1/4 - 1/2" spacers in the rear to level it off. Again, I just want to make sure. Of course that's just cosmetic, so it goes to the bottom of the priority pool.

Thanks guys.

Eric

99 TJ SE
Reply to
Eric

Not sure about the fender height, but you can check the front and rear of the rocker panels on each side. When I installed my lift, I use the rocker panels to level it up. I had to put add-a-leafs up front. It's now within 1/4" at all four points. Be sure you're parked on a level, even surface. TrailMarker.

Eric wrote:

measuring tape

sitting

cosmetic, so

Reply to
carrollcaboodle

Hmm.... so then how bad does it resemble a dog dragging it's butt on the ground when you put 4 people or fill it with gear?

I always like mine to sit slightly high in the rear empty so it doesn't look like the above sick puppy when driven...

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain