electrical problem

i have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee. i am having electrical problems on one of my rear taillights. i have 10 vdc on brake, tail, and turn on the drivers side. on the passengers side taillight i have 10vdc on brake and stop but only 7vdc on my turn.the way i found out is brake light is dim during day and goes out at night with taillights on only on this side. i unplugged the pigtail on assem. and it still has the same reading. the other problem is when i try to hook up my boat trailor there is not enough dc volts to light up this side turn signal. please help.

Reply to
yaz

Either the bulb has blown out or the fixture has lost it's ground. The fixture can lose the ground when folks put brush guards on or from serious rust, but likely it is the bulb.

When they lose fixture ground or filament, the brake light circuit will steal it through the running light filament that is wire harness grounded.

Mike

yaz wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain