emory update

Has Lefty Lloyd been slain?

Kudos to all of you, if it is so.

I'm a regular on rec.autos.sport.nascar and yes, he's done the same thing there in the past, but he hasn't showed his face in there recently.

Someone (from this group?) gave us a heads up on the action here and I've been watching everything unfold with great interest.

Like you, Bill, the thing that irritated me was the crossposting and lack of snipping. He has been a semi-regular on RASN for quite a few years now and he would never hesitate to jump right into one of these threads. We begged and pleaded with him to at least drop RASN from the To: header, but he never listened. He knew most of the people he was arguing with were not from RASN, yet he continued to flood the group with his replies. Finally, most of us just KF'd him. The sad part is, he has a ton of knowledge on NASCAR, especially the earlier days, but there's no talking to him. He's right, we're wrong.

Anyway, congrats. It looks like you've killed (or at least maimed) one of the biggest goats (will bite at anything) in Usenet history. Drink up!

Reply to
Wheeler

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:27:07 -0500, Wheeler shared the following:

OK. :-)

-- Travis

trails!!! :wq!

Reply to
travis

In many schools the fall semester has just ended. He might not even be holding office hours.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

7 days straight with no posts from Lloyd Parker...it's time for a day of rest!
  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Not many off topic posts either! Damn we are good! Now we need to start on comcast and rogers! Nick

Reply to
Nick N

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

nah, all i did was email his boss.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

......but it was somebody else that dug up her address. dont recall who it was now.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

When you see one of those stupid global warming posts on a group you read, just reply, but remove all of the groups that you read from the header. This can slowly rid your particular groups from the ongoing thread. Matter of personal taste whether you actually say anything in your follow up or not.

I've been doing this for the past coupla days and it seems to have cut down a bit except where I fat fingered and left a jeep group in by accident. Feel free to assist, just make sure you remove all groups you care about. Granted, pompous asses like Professor Parker have a long history of adding groups so more folks can enjoy their tripe, but there are more of us than there are him.

The tactic does seem to be more effective if you remove ALL previous content before saying anything...giving the ratchet jaws fewer things to follow up on. The tactic is called "doe snot" from another group where it was invented.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Over on Rec.motorcycles i posted a thread on what to do if "bothered by an annoying university employee?", and recounted the sad story of Prof. Parker. There is an equally nasty troll there who delights in changing identities often so you can't killfile his posts, most of which are about "bu$h is a murderer, or a terrorist, or a thief," or some similar crap. You would think I tried to cancell the constitution, or bombed an church. They have been at each others throats for a week, and ol Henry has changed identities 4 time now. It's damned funny. He's not taking it like the warning it was, and probably going to get some heat at work.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Reply to
Nick N

DOH! i _totally_ missed what i think you were getting at here. i didnt hit me until just now, nearly 24 hours later.

hey lloyd, _i_ did it. _i_ handed you to your boss. _i_ hope youre now unemployed, _if_ you are (ill have to check) we'll call it even.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

oh yeah, i forgot. neener neener. :-)

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

for those on the receiving end anyway.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

On 13 Dec 2003 02:22 PM, Nathan Collier posted the following:

As my late father once told me, "Don't hate. Hate doesn't hurt the person it is directed at, only you. Payback, on the other hand, is another matter entirely." 8^)

He also used to say what goes around comes around, and I never believed him but I've since seen him proven right on too many occasions to doubt it.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Well said, Bravo. Two ears and a tail

Reply to