Engine temp. problem need confirmation

Having a problem with engine temp. gauge reads about 1/2 of what it should after a 25-30 minute drive. rad hoses are hot to the touch, heater hoses hot to touch. heater air is luke warm (not as hot as it should be) I have a feeling the t-stat might be stuck open (again) are there any other possible things I may have over looked?

Snow...93 XJ

Reply to
Snow

Sounds like a bad thermostat. They aren't the most reliable lately.

Flush, dra> Having a problem with engine temp. gauge reads about 1/2 of what it should

Reply to
RoyJ

That's most likely the cause. Had the same problem with my '94 YJ when it was new, dealer changed the t-stat under warranty with a 195 degree unit. Has worked fine ever since.

Reply to
SoK66