Essentially Off Road Cages

I am seriously considering a full cage for my CJ8 from Essentially Off Road

They want $400 plus shipping for a half cab cage which will allow the scrambler half hard top to still fit on the vehicle.

Before I order, thought I would check here and see if there were any bad experiences dealing with this company, or other companies/products which you might recommend instead.

Reply to
Joshua Nelson

I have a 99 TJ and installed one of the cages from MORE. They all also sold by most of the Jeep parts stores. They make models for all jeeps. The installation was very easy, everything fit as promised . I also got two of the cross bars that run from the front bar to the factory bars to tie everything together and add more strength. I installed a steel plate between the two overhead bars which is a control panel with toggle switches, and pilot lights for each switch. There is also a push type switch for the starter. This panel controls all electrical equipmment in the jeep except for the heating and a/c. The ignition lock and key is no longer used. I have switches for ignition, starter, wipers, headlights, parking lights and taillights, foglights, a power switch for my 2 meter radio, and a wig-wam switch for the taillights. I also have 3 open switches with pilots that have power coming directly from the battery to be later if needed. I have it wired where a combination of 3 switches must be thrown to start the TJ. I also installed one of the Jazz racing style bucket seats that has slots for a 5 point harness. I use a 5 point Simpson bolted thru the floor .

Reply to
Fred