Finally Back In The Game, with a question ...

So I ordered and placed a down payment on my new Jeep: '05 Rubicon Auto, Impact Orange, Hard Top. This will be number 5 over the years, and cant wait to get back in the flow of the group. Its good to see some familiar names still, nice to know the community is doing well. Anyways, as usual, wanted some opinions. I have a few grand I can spend on dialing in the new Rubi, about $5k, although its flexible. What should be first on my "must have" list? CB, Fire Extinguisher tow strap and First-Aid kit are already ready and waiting, so what else should I get?

Tom Craft '05 Rubi Auto Impact Orange

Reply to
Tom Craft
5K?? Winch bumper, winch, taller tires, some lift. After you buy this stuff for me, you should have enough left for your cb and stuff. KH
Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Well, I think the H4 headlight conversion, some rock crawler bumpers, Kilby gas tank skid, and a 1" body lift are my first things. Also hearing the Throttle Body bore-out is a good deal. I know there's more opinions/advice out there....

Tom Craft '05 Rubi Auto Impact Orange

Reply to
Tom Craft

You can buy all kinds of those bored out throttle bodies already done for you. I see them advertised all the time. Folks do the job then figure out it don't work for shit so sell the things when they go back to a proper TB.

Mike

Tom Craft wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Long arm kit, bigger tires (33's), bumpers/tire carrier, etc.

Reply to
Eric