Flitz, any opinions?

Picked up a tube of this Flitz stuff.

Suppoedly it's good for shining up stuff removing tarnish, curing gout, etc.

I'm going to give it a shot on the aluminum rims. With all the rock scratches it can't hurt. :)

Reply to
DougW

I am interested in knowing how well it works... keep us informed!

-- Taylor

'03 Audi S6 Avant '05 Mazda6 Wagon GT '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

It's incredible for removing scratches from plastic, like watch faces, GPS screens, etc...

Good stuff.

Reply to
B a r r y

I have a Weekend Warrior trailer that needs to be cleaned up on the outside... and rubbing it down by hand gets old real fast. This thing has got to be better than a buffer though...

-- Taylor

'03 Audi S6 Avant '05 Mazda6 Wagon GT '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

Just Taylor did pass the time by typing:

They sell a "buff ball" for doing larger areas.

My results on the wheels are "ok", results on an old tarnished souvenir spoon were excellent and cleaned up a penny pretty good too.

I'm gonna get one of those buff balls before doing any more on the wheels it's just too much and the dremmel would probably run far too high speed.

Hmm.. I think I still have those old f-ed up headlamps from the ZJ. They are just in case a rock kills one of my headlamps so no loss to try. :)

It's a little too dark to get good photos now but the two spokes I did do look cleaner/less yellow. Ain't nothing short of machining that's going to fix them properly but I am seeing better results than ye olde rubbing compound.

Reply to
DougW

Ok.. I've used this stuff on lots of things.. Just wish I would have taken some before picks. :/ Oh well.

On the wheel (manually rubbing) Still have yet to get a buff-ball thingy. The two spokes closer to you vs the one on the left. In the sun it's more apparent that the yellow tinge is also missing.

Here is an interesting bit. I did the pulley on the supercharger just to see what this stuff would do to a basically unprepared surface. Not too shabby.
And this is BLING baby!
ok.. Jeep bling.. :) shiny parts, and not just the top of my noggin either. :]

Reply to
DougW

billy ray did pass the time by typing:

I've used fram air filters for a long time. Don't see any dirt/dust in the intake so they must work.

Reply to
DougW

billy ray did pass the time by typing:

Yea.. I blow the filters out every week and replace them at about 3k. Generally pick up a case of filters every so often. It's cheaper than buying them one at a time. rockauto.com has good prices and every so often I can get a deal with NAPA. Down to my last four filters.

Reply to
DougW