Anyone want my 620Ti - mucho cheapness?

Failed its MOT on emissions, and slightly inefficient handbrake on one side.

R reg, in white.

110k from new, and pretty much a full service history.

I've driven it about 250 miles in the last week, and apart from the initial starting being a bit lumpy, it drives nicely, pulls well, and is very tidy in the body bar one small scratch on the bootlid and a few stone chips at the front.

It hasn't used any oil (which was changed in May), so it's definitely a fuelling problem as far as I'm concerned, and I've got a known troublesome sensor to try on it tomorrow, to see if this cures it.

Good alloys with good tyres all round, remote alarm / locking, unmarked half leather interior, all windows work fine, as does the electric roof and mirrors.

£495.

If you want any photos, ask, and thou shalt receive :-)

Reply to
JackH

A week too late, you bastard!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

You won't be able to drive it, it's FWD and too powerful for you ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

A known troublesome sensor? Yeah, that's bound to cure it..... :-P

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hehehe... you didn't ask the price when I offered it to you, did you! ;0)

Reply to
JackH

Ok, ok... I picked up a replacement coolant temperature sensor, known to be a good un, yesterday.

I'm going to fit it tomorrow, and see if that helps, as many of the Rover bods out there have pointed the finger at this, as something known to give starting problems etc.

if it doesn't work... *shrug*, why do you think I've stuck it up for £495 - I can't be arsed to sort it out and just want my money back on it. :-)

'...bloody pedants'

Reply to
JackH

I never said I cant drive it, its just getting used to it again. I'm fine with it today, except on roundabouts where I was trying to get the arse end out of shape :)

200bhp is gonna be fun whatever setup its in!
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Heh, I'm only joking, bit OTT for a runabout. May as well just keep using the Sierra!

I'm well impressed with the ZX - £20 of fuel has lasted over 100 miles woo hoo!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It doesn't need curing - it's only five hundred quid !

But it's white...

Reply to
Nom

It *does* need curing. It's the reason it failed the MOT on emissions. No MOT means you can't use it on the road. 500 quid's a lot to spend on a trackday car that's just a saloon car. The whole point of a 620ti is that it's quick, but also practical as an everyday car. If you're buying something purely as a trackday car, you don't buy a 620ti!

Heh!

Not that I'm saying it's a bad deal - it's a more than fair price to pay for it, and it sounds like it's not rocket science to put right, just that JackH can't really be arsed!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

*ding*

...legally.

Especially when you could get a 1.6 205 GTi for the same purpose. ;-)

Dare I say this... it's also quite boring, if I am honest.

But then I'm a hoodlum who likes his bikes as well as cars, so hardly surprising I'm of that opinion really.

Given it's a later one, with the colour coded rub strips and mirrors, it actually looks quite nice in white, and I'm normally not all that keen on white cars, myself.

Piccies available if you want them.

I can't... seriously.

I can get two big / medium cars on the drive, or three smallish ones.

I've currently got that, and the 416 on my drive, and my Cavalier on next doors drive.

Parking on the road out the front isn't a realistic option, as there are restrictions at certain times of the day.

And now, I have the 306 DTurbo imminently arriving this week, so something has to go, namely the Ti, and the 416. :0)

Reply to
JackH

WTF ?

I meant it doesn't need curing by JackH !

He doesn't need to fix it before he sells it, cos he's selling it at a "with faults" price. Obviously if he'd fixed the sensor and put it through an MOT, he'd be asking more than £500.

I wasn't suggesting that it doesn't need curing by *anyone* - clearly it's not gonna get an MOT until it's fixed ! I have no idea why you're assuming that folks don't know that "No MOT means you can't use it on the road". In other news, my car tyres are made of rubber, and my engine is lubricated with oil.

This place is mental lately - you have to crazily elaborate on every post, and stick in every last caveat and detail. If you don't, then either people make no attempt to join-the-dots, and/or they assume that you missed things out through lack of knowledge.

I suppose it gives us all something to do though :)

Reply to
Nom

Well maybe, but:

Does sort of imply "it's only a £500 car, don't worry about it, use it 'til it breaks".

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Apologies for not being clear then.

It wasn't supposed to imply that at all :)

Reply to
Nom