Forgot to put the top up, damn

I rains so rarely here, I almost never put up the top. Sure as can be, its raining like crazy now. I only was able to get the top up and the rear window down. No side windows no doors. I hope it isnt a swimming pool when I get home. Seems like the floor and carpet will dry pretty quickly when the sun comes back out but what about the seats?? I wonder whats worse being wet or being soaked on 5 payments on my new lifted jeep. Any advice on drying a soaked jeep Tony

Reply to
Rokihora

Advice: Get over it, you are a REAL Jeeper now. A real Jeeper drives with a wet butt and pulls over in the rain so the inside of the windsheild stays dry.

Advice: Keep a dry towel in the console.

Advice:

Pull the drain plugs.

Reply to
Jeepers

Jeepers did pass the time by typing:

Advice: Take the carpets out for them to dry.

Advice: Don't take candy from strangers.

Advice: I'm strange. :)

Reply to
DougW

I carry a squeegee for the inside of the windshield in the rain....

Mike

Mike Romain

the "california water blade" also works wonders

Goat Crapp

Goat Crapp did pass the time by typing:

Works wonders to clean the shower door and windows around the house and on the Jeeps glass and hood.

Not too good on body bits where there are all sorts of bumps and such.

Reply to
DougW

It's not intended to get _all_ the water off - just most of it so you can easily towel dry the rest. For that use I think it's fine.

John Davies Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

Sorry Jeepers, but a Real Jeeper keeps driving in the rain, using his/her trusty squeegee to wipe the water off the inside of the windshield 8-)

Reply to
Eugene D'Jeep

John Davies did pass the time by typing:

I know something that works better. :)

My leaf blower.

Seriously.. it works.. skoots the water right off.

Reply to
DougW

You are correct, I'm all wet. I always just pulled over and waited it out.

There is that extra Murphy's law. It will only rain when it is the most inconvenient to put the top up.

Like when you are in a suit on the way to an interview with your portfolio in the back seat on the freeway in gridlock with kids in the car next to you staring and pointing and the overpass is 50 feet in front of you.

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
Dennis Cox

Jeez, you youngsters got it easy...in my day we were LUCKY to have windshields or glasses to clean off...we had to drive our Jeeps every day, no top, through the rain on the way there and through a blizzard on the way back, wearing nothing but a T shirt and overalls, with one flat tire and no brakes, and by God we were THANKFUL to get all that!

;-)

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Matt Macchiarolo did pass the time by typing:

You had a T shirt?

Dang city folk. ^_^

Reply to
DougW

Approximately 10/10/03 16:36, Matt Macchiarolo uttered for posterity:

The hard part of course was that you had to *pedal* the Jeep...

Reply to
Lon Stowell

And tires! I would have loved to have had the LUXURY of a flat tire. You were spoiled.

At least we had bark for shoes.

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Here's the Better question, when I was test driving used Jeeps, you could tell who left the top off in the rain - even mine you can tell a little.

How do you get the smell of mouldy wet seats out ..... besides obviously steaming em.?!

Reply to
Burkey612

Arizona.

Reply to
Jeepers

real jeepers dont need squeegee's, they use the sleeve of their soaked shirt. lol.

Reply to
jbjeep

wait for the sun to come out dude, and consider putting drain holes in the floor pans. same thing happened to me.

Reply to
MudPuppy1976