Fram air filter for TJ-poor mpg

I think the larger tire gets slightly better highway mileage because it rolls farther per revolution, but this is directly offset by the extra air drag of being higher up into the flow with more of the undercarriage exposed.

In other words, I think I get exactly the same mileage with 31's as I now get with 33's taking the difference in odometer readings in account.

I have a regular 200 mile run that I get to check gas brands and octanes out on. Different brands of 'fuel' make up to 10 mpg difference in my CJ7!

My speedometer and odometer are exact with 33's on her according to many GPS checks.

Mike

Ken Knapp wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Heh. Big tires as overdrive. Hadn't even thought of that, thanks.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Well, it takes more engine torque to get those big meats turning....but that just might put your RPM's in the advanced range, so it would make much difference!

Reply to
SteveBrady