Fender flare opinions

I have a 97 Wrangler TJ and I'll be lifting it (3-4 inches) and going with

33x12.5x15 tires soon. My question is does anyone have any advice on any of these replacement flares to avoid or which ones are the best? I made this list from a recent 4wheeldrive hardware catalog.

Thanks in advance for your help, Dennis

$315 Xenon Polyurethane Sport $349 Bestop Fender Flares with Rocker Extensions $299 Bestop Fender Flares $495 Bushwacker Rubicon Pocket Style Flares $394 Bushwacker Fender Flares $408 Warn Trail Flares $299 Rock Crusher by Steel Horse

Reply to
Dennis Cox

I've owned 6" and 7" flares from Warn, Tera (same as Warn's), and Bestop, and have installed Bushwacker pocket style flares on many Jeeps in my job. The only two brands I can recommend from a toughness point of view are Warn's, followed by Bestop's so far as good quality and looks go. Bushwackers are pretty cheap and tend to pull off over the mounting bolts if they get snagged on a trail obstacle. Xenon's are just too proud of their name and it's molded right onto the side of them which is just tacky in my opinion. Avoid Warn's 7" flares, they're just too wide. I'd go with either Warn's or Bestop's 6" flares if it were me. Oh, I currently have Bestop's 6" flares on my TJ and they're really nice.

Jerry

Dennis Cox wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Whats your thoughts on these Jerry?

JimG

tks Jerry. You and everyone (almost) :) on this NG are awesome. I hope to have the build up done by the end of April. My goal is to post a web site or a brief msg about what I did and my experience with it. Now, if I can just get that last couple of Benjamins rounded up.... Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Cox

I put on the Bushwacker Rubicon Pocket Style Flares. Relatively easy to instal and paid about $265 from local 4x4 shop. Work well.

Reply to
Trust5280