Gas prices..

Well, to all of you who are upset at your gas mileage, I thought I would offer this..

This is my daily driver.. I run 22.5" wheels and I get a whopping 6-7mpg. I typically drive about 150 miles a day. Sometimes up to 750.

Feel better about your 15mpg Jeep now?

:-)

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed
[Chuckles] Yew outta deel with my farm truck. I think I get 8 mpg, but I doan wurry, cause the EPA will have us all on roller skates before long.
Reply to
ambrin

In a revenue producing vehicle...

Reply to
B a r r y

The trouble is most 'revenues' are based on $1.20-1.30 / gallon. That mark was stable for several years and when fuel prices started creeping up, owners had to swallow the cost. Smart owners were quick to apply fuel surcharges above regular freight rates and lost *some* business to carriers not bright enough to cover their costs. This recent surge in fuel prices will be a huge wake-up call for shippers when they realize nothing will move for less than $2.00 / mile. We'll all feel it soon in our everyday purchases which have seen little price movement by comparison the increase in 'landed costs'. Buckle up, it's going to be a rough ride.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

Yikes, I'm getting 7mpg at 88,000lbs GVW. I nearly fell over putting $500 in last night to top up from 1/4 tank.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

Man, I bet you pick up all the chicks in that ride. ;-)

Chris

how is it off-road??? :-)

martin

Reply to
rmcaskey

Is this your own truck?

Have you looked into biodiesel?

Biodiesel in Illinois where I live is state tax exempt. I just filled up this weekend on B11 for $2.72 while most diesel near home is $3+/gallon. I talked to a buy at the station who runs some big trucks. He said his mileage actually increased 1.5/gallon running on B11.

My friend and I are actually look> Well, to all of you who are upset at your gas mileage, I thought I would

Reply to
Marty Phee

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

YOU do, Bill. It's enough to make me want to buy a PT6 powered cropduster just to burn biofuel at your personal expense.

Of course, we have been paying for your subsidized road wear and tear as you drove your Class 8 truck all over America's Interstate highways for decades. So turnabout is fair play.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Hey Carl, whats this tatoo mean???? Made is China?

:)

Peter Parker

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
jeff

You are badly mis-informed. I am also retired, and I will never live long enough to take out the $250,000 that me and my employers pumped into the Social Security system. It's certainly true that people who retired shortly after FDR introduced the program were taking out a lot more than they put in it. Most of those people are dead now. The reason we are in trouble now is that Lyndon Johnson took the S.S. trust fund and put it into the general fund so that the liberals could get their grubby hands on it. Now the money has been spent, and the program has become a pay-as-you-go system. To add insult to injury, not only was the trust fund stolen, but we now have to pay tax on the benefits. We can thank Al Gore for that one when he was Senate President. Oh, and let's not forget that Jimmy Carter elected to give S.S. benefits to immigrants who never paid anything into the system. Grumble, grumble.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I gassed up yesterday in Ridgeton (Ontario) yesterday for $1.305 (Ca) per liter

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III