Gas Tank Filler Hoses

I'm in need of replacement hoses for both liquid and vapor on the gas tank of my '82 Scrambler. I've called various aftermarket suppliers and dealers with no luck. Does anyone have a source, or know of some other way to replace them?

Thanks

Reply to
K Horner

I was not able to locate the filler hose for my '81 CJ5 - which should take the same hose you need. I went to a hose and fitting supply house in my area and bought a few feet of a silicon-based rubber hose that is 1" in diameter. When you talk to the guy behind the counter, you need to be sure you discuss that you are intending to use whatever he sells you as a fuel filler hose. I went into the store asking for a product that the guy said would not be suitable for gasoline, by his expertise, what I wanted to buy would have rotted out by now. If I can find the left over piece of hose that I bought, I'll post any info that is printed on it.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Take the filler opening with you to the hose supply house so you can match the nozzle opening with the hoze sizes that he has. I can't find the left over piece of hose. I replaced my filler hose several years ago, and saved the remnant for a very long time. I recently cleaned out the garage, and must have finally threw it away.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Both OEM and aftermarket fill hoses for the factory gas tanks on AMC era CJs are nearly impossible to find. You might try:

OMIX/ADA

Crown Automotive
The vapor lines aren't a problem - just find correst diameter hose and cut to fit.

Reply to
Robert Bills

Quadratec's catalog lists--

Hose, Filler Vent, Fuel Tank: 1978-86 CJ5 & CJ7 1-1/8" OD Hose, Filler Fuel Tank: 1970-75 CJ 2-5/8" outside diameter Hose, Filler, Fuel Tank: 1978-86 CJ 1-3/8" Hose, Filler, Fuel Tank: 1976 CJ

-- Thank ghod it's Them instead of You.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

K Horner ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net) wrote on Friday 31 December 2004 01:49 pm:

If you're in the DFW, Texas area, you can go to Texas Rubber Supply Company in Ft. Worth and Irving. They matched up the hoses from the originals with some heavy-duty stuff over six years ago, much better quality that the original. No signs of cracking or aging.

Reply to
Michael White