Got A 79 CJ-5 Today........I Am In Love!!!!

I bought a 79 CJ-5 from a friend today and have wanted this Jeep since I was old enough to say CJ. Here's what's on it:

1 - AMC 304 V8 (NAPA Rebuilt - 13K Miles) w/ new Hedman Headers and brand new Cherry Bomb glass-pack side pipes 2 - T-150 3-Speed Tranny (Rebuilt 6 months ago) 3 - Dana 300 Transfer Case 4 - Dana 30 Front Axle 5 - Dana 44 Rear Axle (Yes, A D44 and not an AMC 20.) It was swapped in from a 75 CJ-5. 6 - 4.56 Gears 7 - Fairly new 33" Buckshot Mudders

Total Price - $3000

I almost felt guilty buying it at that price from my buddy. I even went so far as to tell him how special the Jeep is and tell him about all the highly prized parts on it. He just told me that he had had his fun with it and was ready to turn loose of it. I still don't think he really knows what he turned loose of because he does not have a dishonest bone in his body. I want to thank everyone on RAMJ+W who replyed to my earlier post regarding this vehicle. Well, I am back in the game. Let the spending begin!!!!

Regards,

GK

PS - My CJ is an awesome green color. I am thinking of getting my tag as "GRNGBLN." (Green Goblin)

Reply to
GK

AW, man... How come *my* friends never sell cool trucks like that to me??? Congrats. Enjoy it. :)

Reply to
TJim

I would congratulate you on the purchase, but I am too busy being jealous.

Reply to
Joshua Nelson