Half door latch spring

So I have a YJ half door here, and the outside handle doesn't work. So I took off the inside panel, and the rod that attaches to the handle had slipped out. I put it back in the slot. However, there was also a spring laying loose that is obviously supposed to pull the latch back to the "default" position. I can't figure out where this spring is supposed to attach. One end of the spring is curved to a "hook" and the other end is just straight. So how does this spring hook up? Also the screw or whatever holds the paddle on was missing, so I figured I could just stick a screw in there and it would be fine. A picture of the internals would be great...

Reply to
Jay Stuler

spring is supposed

just straight.

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bill,

This is a YJ half door and it looks a little different than the TJ depicted there. For example, the inner handle actually connects to the latch with a cable. Do you have a YJ schematic? Of course I can always find another door and open it up but it's easier if I can figure it out with a diagram.

Reply to
Jay Stuler

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Aha! Yes! Thanks Bill.

Reply to
Jay Stuler

By the way, the door is now fixed. I just had to put a machine screw in place of the "Spring PIN". Then I stuffed the spring down in there with a pair of pliers and wiggled the screw into place with a screwdriver.

Thanks!

Reply to
Jay Stuler