Starting Cj5 for the first time in 5 years

Ok so the long term weather forecast for Chicago looks like snow. I bought an old Cj5 ( 1978) with a plow on the front to plow the rear alleyway as the city doesn't really get to it until much later on. For the last five years my trusted Cherokee ( 1988 170k miles ) has been able to romp out of the garage like a good 'un. This year I want to get the Cj ready BUT I have no real clue what to do to prepare her for her first start in five years. Do I drain the oil? How about the brakes? If there is a web site with a check list I'd be grateful if someone could point me at it. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
harry palmer

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bill, I thought I'd never see the day you couldn't come up with a link!

-Brian

: > Ok so the long term weather forecast for Chicago looks like snow. I bought : > an old Cj5 ( 1978) with a plow on the front to plow the rear alleyway as the : > city doesn't really get to it until much later on. For the last five years : > my trusted Cherokee ( 1988 170k miles ) has been able to romp out of the : > garage like a good 'un. This year I want to get the Cj ready BUT I have no : > real clue what to do to prepare her for her first start in five years. Do I : > drain the oil? How about the brakes? If there is a web site with a check : > list I'd be grateful if someone could point me at it. Thanks in advance. : >

: > -- : > When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at : > his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. : > Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was : > not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before.

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

spot on thanks alot I'll give that a try. Thanks again. HP

Reply to
harry palmer

thanks Bill

it's sat for 5 years because we use the Cherokee as the daily driver and the Cj was there for emergencies. Well we never had one and I kinda forgot all about my good practice to start the Cj5 every week So there we are my hidden secret happy now :-) Thanks for the advice.

Hp

Reply to
harry palmer

Reply to