Head injury, YJ clutch is IN

Put the clutch in my YJ on Saturday, along with the rest of the parts I had to take out to get to it. Everything is good working order, I am pretty pleased. I orderd the kit from Valeo, on eBay. So far it seems good, except the throwout bearing they sent me didn't fit. According to the manual, the slave cylinder and throwout bearing on the ax-5 are one, non-serviceable unit. Is this true?

As far as the head injury goes, I was re-installing my front driveshaft. I stupidly set the slip-yoke / front axle end on top of the axle while I installed the t-case end. I was facing the oil pan and working on the t-case end, when all of a sudden.. WHAMMO. I've got a good size bump and there was some blood, but it came out OK. So as a warning to all of you.. DONT SET YOUR DRIVESHAFT ON THE AXLE. Alteratively, if you do want to set your driveshaft on the axle, wear a helmet.

Lastly, after you get your head slammed by something, a half-used roll of blue shop towels make an excellent pillow while you are working under your Jeep.

Thanks for the help.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

'94 and later sport an externally replaceable slave cylinder. This could be something to think about, if you are not in a hurry to get the job done and don't mind a trip to a recycling yard. The bell housing is different.

Otherwise, Advance Adapters has an improved version of this part in their catalog, and they recommend extreme cleanliness on reassembly, especially if you use the stock part. It is indeed, "one, non-serviceable unit".

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill,

LOL. This is essentially what the Advance Adapters folks said, in their somewhat more diplomatic way.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton