Headlights

I was just wondering if theres anything special about replacing the headlights on my TJ. It looks pretty basic, but I just wanted to make sure. Do I have to do a lot of adjusting to make them point correctly?

BTW if you were wondering why i am replacing them, I smashed one using a chain to pull someone out of the mud. Yeah I have been told not to use a chain for that very reason that it might come back when it breaks. Well im very lucky that nothing else at all got broken except the headlight. So, i went over to O'Reillys and got myself some Silver Stars.

Thanks guys!

Reply to
Brett Little

Naw, nothing special involved, except that the screws are those little Torx bastards. No adjusting needed as long as you only remove the screws used to secure the outer bezel ring.

Dave

Reply to
David C. Moller

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:32:24 GMT in , "Brett Little" graced the world with this thought:

just make sure you get the ones holding the lights in (should be obvious, just give a look). The ones that do the adjusting are different.

Reply to
bizbee

If you manage to do it right, there is no adjusting at all. take out the old lamps, put in the new lamps, and you're done.

I put a set of those SilverStars in my BMW, they are very nice, with a capital VERY.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
attnews

Same thing happened to me! Well sorta.

I went down to O'Reilley's Auto Parts and grabbed some off the self. When I went to the counter I saw the box was taped up on both of them. My bro was with me so opened the box for the heak of it and checked them out. What do you know, they were Warner lights in Sylvana boxes. We let the guys know and they took care of it. They ordered some real Sylvanas for me that arrived the next morning (now thats quick). So I got my set the next morning and saw that one of the boxes was tapped up and the other was sealed nicely (like from the factory). Well I opened the packages and they both said Sylvana Performance on them so i went ahead and got em. After I installed them, I noticed one had a green hue to it, not a true white like the other one. Now whether the one that was green was the one that was in the tapped up box, i dont know. I pulled out the green one 30 minutes ago and headed back to the store, they ordered one right there for me and it should be there at about 5 oclock tonight.

I gotta say, O'Reilley's has great service, but dang, come on....

Reply to
Brett Little

If you decide to give up on the replacements you tried, I highly recommend the Hella replacements, they include replacement bulbs. The low beams have an unbelievable horizontal line across the top of the lighted area that hits just below the trunk lids of cars in front. The high beams are intense and provide (at least) double the range of the factory bulbs.

Incredible improvement.

My left lense took a hard rock shot and cracked in three directions, but still works just fine.

They are so good I'm inclined to get Hella's for additional front lights. I already installed small rectangular Hella fog lights on the back bumper for additional backup lights.

The front replacements have been my best upgrade for the money.

Masnor

Reply to
Masnor