Headlights

Okay where do i begin!.. I own a 1997 Eclipse RS. Suddenly my headlights stopped working, and same with my tail lights.. Im very frusterated becaue When it comes to this kinda of stuff im so lost, however id rather learn and fix it myself then pay someone else to do it. I started by checking all the fuses which seem to be fine.. having fuse problems before i was hoping thats all it was. (a fuse) However its not.. everything else seems to be working fine.. is there anything else i should check.. relays? I tried back tracking to see if it were anything i did, and the only thing that i had came close to doing was re adjusting my cd deck, and i had taken off the steering colom cover to clean it out a little.. could any of these actions triggerd my headlights and tail lights to stop working? help!

Reply to
stephanieRR

you could have pinched a wire in the steering colom causing it to short out make sure that you hear the relays click if not there not working,but the short in the steering colom could cause that too Good luck

Reply to
mpberti

Maybe. Or unrelated. Perhaps you managed to short out the main +12V to the CD player. The dash illumination circuit is the same as the taillights.

If the secondary fuses (under the dash) are OK, then look at the main junction box fuses in the engine bay.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS