Heavy duty Spring over Springs

I have a set of Rubicon Express Spring Over Springs. One set is five leaf and the other is six. This is an ongoing debate; Which goes on the front and which go on the rear? Pro Comp and Skyjacker have the exact opposite opinions on this topic.

Daren

Reply to
Daren McMorris

L.W.(ßill)

Thanks Bill.

Daren

Daren McMorris

Stock CJ has more in the rear.

Mike

Daren McMorris wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

It depends upon the spring rate of the packs. You'd be best served by calling Rubicon's tech line.

Rancho makes a horrid YJ lift, with a "helper" spring at the bottom of the front leaf packs. I've seen many of these installed backwards, the techs think in terms of pickups and think the helper goes to the rear. These aren't very good kits to begin with and they ride like $#!t if the springs are reversed.

Rubicon's instructions often leave a lot to be desired, their YJ extreme Duty kits are military wrapped on the inner ends, and both spring eyes are the same (large) size. The instructions say to install them with the "big end" towards the center of the vehicle. I often see these put on backwards.

Reply to
Jerry McG

My stock springs were 4 front 5 back ..... the new springs are 6 back

5 fr>Stock CJ has more in the rear.
Reply to
Jeepster