Spring over vs Lift Springs

Finnally got myself a YJ! It is an 89 with three tops (hard with full doors, soft with half doors, and bikini). 2.5L with 93000 on the odometer. Sahara brown. Anyway, I cant decide between getting a new RE 4" spring kit, RE spring-over, or the Rocky-Road-Outfitters spring over kit.

RRO spring over RRO claims 6" of lift with thier spring-over kit. Is this true?

Rubicon's YJofferings

What are the advantages of one over the other? The stockers feel pretty stiff now, but I think that is the 1" lift shackle on there and the Rancho shocks.

The goal here is to run 33's and be able to DD.

ALL input in appreicated!

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

That's weird, I just got a 89YJ 4.2 Laredo and was also trying to decide between the same two lifts!

Reply to
Stevil

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Spring lifts are cheaper, easier and don't introduce as many steering issues. Unless you intend to replace that four-banger with something that has more grunt, and also spend the time and dough to build a true rockcrawler (vs. a daily driver), you won't see much real world benefit of a spring over vs a spring lift.

Reply to
Robert Bills