Re: Is there a Kit or 'Just' the Clutch MC for an 88 XJ? Solved!

Hans, at Ontario RV, by any chance?

Paul

Thanks everyone, I located a new one local to me at a RV shop for $100.00. > > A rebuild kit for mine was $78.00 at NAPA, so for the extra 20 I got a new > one. > > Mike
Reply to
Paul Keating

Yup.

Mike

Paul Keat>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

He sure seems to be, same guy that redid my rear Dana 44 bearings a while ago and fixed my broken frame. He wears all the hats....

He has a full engine machine shop and does 'sweet' rebuilds and the front tie rods and drag link bars he makes are insane. Guaranteed you can jack the Jeep up on them. I bent my new stock $120.00 drag link bar the first week it was on, I wouldn't have bent his.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Sweet. I've heard good stuff about him and his shop....makes me wish I was closer to TO. May have to head South when I start building the CJ.

Hoping to find a CJ soon to start with as a platform for a buildup.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keating

Did he do the work on Jo's Engine???

What ever happened to her...haven't seen her pop in for a while...though I've been off the group for a few months too....

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keating

I helped Jo rebuild her engine last year. She did it here in my driveway in a snow storm.

Saw Steve yesterday and saw Jo just before xmas. She is working a lot and doesn't have much time for NG's.

As far as I know from Steve yesterday, they are coming on the end of the summer run up to James Bay with the rest of us.

Mike

Paul Keat>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Yeah, I knew that, but didn't you sent the crank out for machining, and stuff??

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keating

Right...

I have no idea where Jo took that to. I don't think it was Hans, but don't know.

Mike

Paul Keat>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Oh yea, I remember. That was when you taught her how to check for oil pressure by starting the engine and standing there watching it seize up, wasn't it?

x-- 100 Proof News -

3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groupsx-- Access to over 1 Terabyte per Day - $8.95/Monthx-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Reply to
Nobody

My oh my, aren't we a brave anonymous fool...

No, that is when Jo learned to read the damn directions and/or not to take things apart without telling people about it.

But then you knew that too asshole, right?

Mike

Nobody wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

as explained in your post of 27th March 03 ... btw, how is your recovery ?

Dave Milne

I'm hanging in there thanks. Just have to remember to take it easy.

Mike

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

very pleased to hear that.

Reply to
Dave Milne

You seized the motor and I'm the fool, eh? LOL!

What class...Blame the girl when you were supposed to be 'helping'. Nobody with half a clue starts a rebuilt motor without cranking it first to build/verify oil pressure, regardless of what was/wasn't taken apart.

What I know is that engine must have made a hell of a lot of noise before it finally locked up, and you still didn't have a clue.

Forwarded to: snipped-for-privacy@cogentco.com

Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys Subject: Re: Is there a Kit or 'Just' the Clutch MC for an

88 XJ? Solved! From: "Nobody" Reply-To: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com References:

Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 04:43:31 GMT X-Newsreader: News Rover 8.2.0

NNTP-Posting-Host: 205.215.62.127 Message-ID: Organization: 100ProofNews.com - Unlimited Downloads -$8.95/Month Lines: 25 X-Authenticated-User: soti2542684 Path: news1.central.cox.net!central.cox.net!east.cox.net!filt02.cox.net!peer01.cox.net!cox.net!cyclone1.gnilink.net!gnilink.net!in.100proofnews.com!News.100ProofNews.com!Opticon.100ProofNews.com!not-for-mail Xref: east.cox.net rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys:509768 X-Received-Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 00:43:58 EDT (news1.central.cox.net)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Well seeing as you only came here to try and start something anonymously, I think I will go along with Bill's suggestion and report you.

You also obviously have a lacking in reading comprehension as well because Jo's engine never 'locked up', it slowed down and stopped. The starter could still turn it.

We also didn't 'rebuild' her engine either.

Bye now.

If you have the balls to come back in person I will continue this 'discussion' of any errors you might think I have made over the years, if not you will be typing to yourself.

Mike

Nobody wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Report what? That you don't like what I say?

Oh. That's a lot better.