help '87 cherokee brakes

I did a front break job on my 1987 jeep Cherokee and now I can't get any fluid to my passenger side caliper. What the heck is happening?

Reply to
RANDALL HAMILTON

What is your definition of a 'brake job'? Hopefully it wasn't a 'break job'. ;-)

Mike

RANDALL HAMILT>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Okay, we aren't dealing with rocket science, just fluid dynamics.

There are really only two possibilities: You have a massive air bubble that has created a hydraulic block and needs to be worked through or the line is crimped somewhere.

When you did your brake job did you properly support the caliper when you were taking things apart or did you just let it hand from the flexible hose like 97% of brake technicians do?

Did anything unusual happen during the job? Did the jeep fall off the jack stands or something else where physical damage might have been done to the brake line?

Try going to the fitting between the flexible and the steel lines and take that apart. If you get brake fluid then you have damaged the flexible line and it needs to be replaced.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
RANDALL HAMILTON

Did you bleed the new master cylinder before you installed it?

Additional information is going to your e-address

Reply to
Billy Ray

The combination valves don't fail often and when they do usually they take out two of the wheels.....

I would be suspecting a bad flex hose.

Mike

RANDALL HAMILT>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
RANDALL HAMILTON

RANDALL HAMILTON proclaimed:

Evolution in action?

What do you mean by you can't get any fluid? What type of brake job did you do? Just pads, or did you mess with the calipers? What exactly did you do/replace/mess with?

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
RANDALL HAMILTON

cool and congrats! ;-) later, dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
One out of many daves

Thanks for the follow up.

That is an unusual one for sure.