Help Crank Position Sensor for 89 Cherokee LTD

Hi Snow:

Yes, I'm referring to dash bulbs for the gauges etc. What I'd really like to do is replace them with LED equivalents so that I don't ever have to replace them again (and so that my dimmer switch won't melt again - which is apparently pretty common if you happen to drive with the instruments dimmed as I often do).

Thanks for your help

Reply to
Cherokee Boy

Mine didn't melt, but it did break the rheostat winding at one end after a while. Replacement was $10 or so at Advanced Auto and is going on it's fourth year. I found the replacement bulbs in the lighting catalog while I was there and replaced all mine at once as well - they were all black with deposits and it was like turnimg on a flood light after replacing them. There were two wattages there that fit the same socket - the ones I got were the lower wattage - maybe someone picked the wrong ones when they replaced yours last? Remember that any interior lights are on the sam circuit and the wrong bulb in one of those can cause major excess current draw (grab one of those suckers while it's on and you'll see what I mean!).

Reply to
Will Honea