Sierra - Crank Position Sensor

Sierra 1.8CVF 1990. Just found a good one and got it running, but there isn't a connecting plug that goes into the crank position sensor and wire cut back to where it goes into the loom. I've bodged a connection for now and all working, but does anyone know an online source where I could get a new plug> Tried ebay, but no luck so far.

Paul J

Reply to
PaulJ

wander round the breakers would be the best bet

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Could you try again? Do you mean there never was a plug in connection? I find that hard to believe.

However, if you wish to add this sort of thing these weatherproof ones are among the best. Half way down the page.

Dave Plowman (News)

The two pin weather proof one's look identical to the correct one on my other Sierra. Thanks for that. I'll get it and solder up a lead to it. At the moment its got a couple of thickish wires in the bottom of the sensor and done up with tape. Did this yesterday to get it running.

Yes, believe. Someone had removed the plug and chopped it off, back to the loom.

Paul J

Reply to
PaulJ

They're best crimped if you have the right tool. They're the same connector as BMW use - dunno about others.

Ah - right. I thought you meant there never was one. On my car it's a longish way from the actual sensor and not visible from above.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)