HELP wrangler stalls downhill

i have an 88 wrangler yj, 4.2 L, 6 cyl. when driving down a hill to a stop sign, when the clutch is in the rpms drop real low and the car eventually turns off. i dont know if the downhill thing is important but that seems to be the only time it happens. any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Reply to
88yj

Hi I would say it check your plugs. But if it is only happing when you go down hill I am not sure that is it or not. Does the check engine light come on when this happens? That may be a clue to why this is happing.

99 wrangler 31 inch good year MTR tires warn M8000 winch 2.5 lift skyjacker shocks a lot of lights (winch,hood,bumper, windshield) Even more toys to come

Some people have an addiction to drink... Some people have an addiction to drugs.... I just have an addiction to Jeeps and their accessories....

Here are a few pictures of my rig I will update soon as I get new batteries for my cam

Jamie Mello

You may also want to check the Idle out to.

Reply to
Jamie Mello

If it is caused by driving downhill, then I would first look into the float level being incorrect. If the level is too high, driving downhill could be causing gas to enter the engine through the float bowl vent.

Chris

You know chris's answer makes more scents then mine does. Good luck with your YJ.

Reply to
Jamie Mello