High capacity Transmission oil pan

It's Jeep maintenance month around my house, gotta get ready for summer.

On the list of project is changing the oil in the automatic transmission. It looks like a pretty straight forward project. Since I'm going to have the remove the transmission oil pan anyway is there any real advantage to replacing it with one of these?

I like the idea of being able to drain the fluid easily, but you still have to pull the pan to replace the filter. It also looks like it would hang a little lower than stock. Might not be an issue.

Anybody running one of these? Comments good or bad?

Dean

Dean

Yes, deep tranny pans come with longer pickups that prevent an automatic transmission OE pickup from sucking air during steep climbs, causing temporary insanity and sucking seatcover noises from the driver. They're a good thing all the way around, and they also help the tranny to run cooler. Go for it. :)

Jerry

Dean wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford