2003 Ion ecotec 2.2L oil capacity?

I just changed the oil in my daughters 2.2L ion. It took 6qts. of oil to read full on the dip stick. I looked it up in the owners manual and they
say the capacity is 5qts. I looked through google and found a couple of web pages that said the 2.2L Ion needs 6qts. of oil. Is it a GM mistake printing 5qt capacity in the manual when it really needs 6?
MJ
says...

I think it depends on how the car was drained. At a dealership they would have lifts/oil racks. The car stays level and a good deal of oil stays in the pan especially when they're in a hurry. At home you would often only lift the front end which would shift more oil back towards the drain plug and more time may be given for it to drain.
I have two IONs - mine has a Vti and my wife's has the 5 speed automatic.
Both of these only take 5 quarts when I change the oil. Hmmmm...

web
It should only take 5 quarts.. However it does seem to take a while for the oil to all drain down after the engine is shut off, so if you ran the engine after filling and then checked it again you may think it's lower than it is.
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Thanks for the replys I raised the car from the front, the drain plug is at the rear of the engine so all should drain just fine. I also replaced the filter. After my curiosity great high... I measured the oil that I just drained into a plastic bucket. There was just a pinch short of 6qts. Check out this web page (they say 6qts.) http://www.authorized-amsoil-dealer-for-synthetic-motor-oil.com/best-oil/oil-change-saturn-ion-and-vue-ecotec.php

they