high speed glazing

Cheers fellas! I am experiencing high speed glazing, #4 plug, 1990 YJ 4cyl

5spd, causing a miss. Anybody have any experience with this? Hotter plug? Thanks Jim 1957 CJ5 1990 YJ 2006 TJ Golden Eagle
Reply to
Big Country

Usual suspects first, plug wires, new plugs, distributor cap and rotor. Then a compression test. If #4 is low, and a squirt of oil brings it up, then consider a hotter plug, maybe. I'll bet it is the plug wires.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

High speed glazing can also be caused by a clogged fuel injector letting the cylinder lean out excessively. Might run a can of fuel system cleaner with the next tank. I like the Chevron Techron cleaner.
Put in a new plug, glazed ones don't clean up well. And go one step colder. With glazing, heat is the enemy.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks Fellas! I knew you guys would have answers. Jim

Reply to
Big Country