Grand Am high speed cut out

My 2002 grand am cuts out of gear on it's own when it hits a certain speed. I'm assuming this is done by the onboard computer, is there any way to override this?

Reply to
Ross

Are you talking about the speed limited? What MPH is this happening at?

Auto Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

Transmission slips? Gear shift moves on it's own? What gear was engaged at your gear selector? Engine misfires/looses power? What RPM? What speed? Is the traction control activating due to wheel spin?

Sounds to me like you are hot rodding it based on your previuos post and hitting a rev limit.

Ross wrote:

Reply to
Weird

Install a mod prom.