Wheel advice for 2000 TJ

I am looking to get a little more aggressive in my off road adventures this spring and summer. I am currently using my original stock canyon wheels and

33" All Terrain BFGs (via 3" suspension lift). A few times I have read in the newsgroup here that you should use a steel rim vs. aluminum because steel will bend where aluminum will break. So, if I am to do some more serious off roading, should I look at replacing my original canyon wheels with something made of steel? If so, what would you recommend and where is a good place to purchase the steel wheels (preferably online)?
Reply to
JeePenn

Why do you want to buy new wheels "preferably online". Why not support the local tire/wheel dealer? Why would you not support your friends and neighbors who work there and pay taxes locally?

My "Wheel advice" is to get down to your local tire dealer and order the wheels you need. That's what I did. I just purchased 5 wheels for my '62 Willys at a great price, with mounting and balancing included in the negotiated sale price. Buy local for the best price, best value and best service.

Since when does "serious offroading" mean that you'll likely be bending or breaking rims? I consider myself a serious offroader but I've yet to abuse my vehicles to the point of damaging rims.

Best regards, Dave Rose Cactus Cowboy Big Wonderful Wyoming '49 Willys Pickup (parts truck) '62 Willys Pickup 4WD 226 '98 XJ Sport O|||||||O

Reply to
cactuscowboy