how long are recalls good for?

Hi all,

I picked up a used 93 Wrangler and have been going thru all the recalls that were ever issued. Does anyone know whether I can still get those recalls honored at the dealer or how I can find out whether the recalls were ever performed on my vehicle?

Thanks

Reply to
mslug

My dealer did the e-brake recall on my '94 YJ just about 4 months ago with no problem.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

mslug did pass the time by typing:

Recalls are good for the vehicles life. Any dealer will be able to use your VIN to check if recall work has been done.

Reply to
DougW

Recalls are good for the life of the vehicle,provided it's never reported as a total loss. Call the Chrysler Customer Center and they'll be able to tell you if any of them are still open. The only ones I remember are the e-brake assemble recall and one for the gasket on the fuel level sensor.

Reply to
Jerry McG

Reply to
mic canic

I just had the handbrake recall done and it's wonderful - what a difference!

Could you post a list, or perhaps a simple description of what recalls you have on paper to do, even if you haven't done them? Do you or anyone know an easy link to find out these recalls for the different models?

Thanks, C.P.

Reply to
Captain Purple

have on paper to do, even

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

For the life of the vehicle.

The dealer can run your VIN or you can call their 800 number and register as the owner so any recalls get mailed out to you.

I had a $500 86 van and registered and got a replacement front end for free. LOL!

Mike

mslug wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Here is a decent recall and TSB site:

Mike

Capta>

have on paper to do, even

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks all, I'm gonna take a run to the dealer. I badly need the gas sending unit gasket recall since I'm pretty sick of smelling gas every now and then.

Reply to
mslug

That may not be the issue, pull down the little plastic deflector under the fuel fill hoses & see if the hose clamps are loose. They leak with regularity.

Reply to
Jerry McG