Jeep recalls

Hi all, After finding the recall check on the U.S Jeep web page I put my VIN in and found 3 or 4 outstanding recalls, I have a 93 YJ, now here's the question, will My local jeep dealer still cover the recalls even though my Jeep's 11 years old? I live in the UK by the way.

Thanks for your help,

Johnny Kebab

Reply to
Johnny Kebab

I don't know about the UK, but in the states, the dealer has to honor the recalls, regardless of the age of the vehicle.

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries

Reply to
JimG

If the recall hasn't been performed, then it is still valid. We had one recall done on our 88 Cherokee for the O2 sensor.

Be warned about that recall for the emergency brake on yours if it is there. There is a small ground wire there that the mechanics seem to 'forget' so all of a sudden the fuel pump or computer quits after the recall.

Mike

Johnny Kebab wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

what web page is the recall info found?

Reply to
<mhahn

Reply to
mic canic

You are wrong!

Our 88 was in recently for a recall.

There is no time limit on a safety recall.

Damn man I don't even pretend to be a mechanic and even I know that!

Mike

mic canic wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Johnny, Let me know how you get on !

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

no i'm not!!!!! there are still parts in dealers hands for recalls but like your

88.but like the time i recently tried to order the gas tank recall seal for the v> You are wrong!
Reply to
mic canic

"Vintage Wrangler"? What the hell is that? The oldest Wrangler was made in '87 and in no way, shape, or form does it qualify as being "vintage." Produce documentation from the dealer stating that the recall is no longer in effect.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Oops, that should read, "documentation from the manufacturer" not the dealer.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

No. Your parts guy is a dip$hit. There are update part numbers. As parts catalogs change so do some or all of the part numbers which can be cross referenced. You obviously have no clue to this effect and therefore hold no credibility.

Reply to
Peter Parker