How to get three carseats in a Wrangler

A friend's wife is about to have triplets (no joke). We can't figure out how to get the whole family in his Wrangler. He thinks he may have to sell it.

Reply to
MidnightDad

So do I.

Maybe if you ditch the rear seat, you can mount two facing forward, and one backward?

Reply to
B a r r y

Sorry, this is the only model Jeep Wrangler that your friend will be driving from now on:

My three sons fit just fine on the back seat of my Cherokee, car-seats and all.

Steve

MidnightDad wrote:

Reply to
Steve

I feel compelled to say this about Steve 's comments:

LOL ... thanks

Reply to
MidnightDad

Yeah.. good luck, ..

We had a pretty good sized snowstorm here in michigan, and I had to cram my 2 year old, my 1 month old, and my wife and I into my wrangler. That was a long drive with my knees against the dashboard. Not a lot of fun.

Reply to
Dave

I sold a Wrangler to a guy who has 3 kids ...I sent him to a local custom truck shop in Houston (Cutten Customs) and they welded a piece of pipe (like the rollbar) from one end of the rear to the other right under the top of the rear seat.. They added 3 harnes style seat belts for the kids...I will take a pic and post it if interested!

-- Jarod Sprauer

Talk is JEEP at

281-807-JEEP (5337)

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Or, he can put the extras up for adoption. Three car seats are not gonna fit in a Wrangler.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I feel compelled to say this about "IsellJeeps" 's comments:

That would be great if it's not too much trouble.

Reply to
MidnightDad

That's very nasty Jeff. A kinder solution is to get a little wipe-clean trailer where they can yell, puke and fill their underpants unseen and unheard :-)

Dave Milne

I took the back seat out , put in a thick comforter. That way the dog and I get a seat and everone else gets to lay down... Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

My kids and the dog rode in the back of pickups hanging out the side but those days are long gone also... Joe Carroll

2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are." Joseph Duemer

Reply to
Joe Carroll

Or he could sell one and use the money for more jeep accessories. :-)

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

My Dad's kids rode in the back with the dog, standing up. But those days are long gone, now they put your nuts in a vice and squeeze until $300 pops out.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Fortunately, they aren't that strict here. It's probably an offence, but you are unlikely to get more than a telling off.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Would that include you, or are you not one of your dad's kids?

That is how I learned not to spit into the wind, we used to always ride in the back of my grandfathers truck.

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I'd goto a custom shop and get them to make a "roller-coaster" style seat ...basically a one-peice that bolts where the back seat is and can buckle all three in. Probably cost a lot ...but it's a solution (possibly). Check with the DMV or the police or whatever you have there and make sure it's legal.

Reply to
griffin

Reply to
Will Honea