How to reset brake warning light

I replaced the front pads on my 89 and then bled the back brakes to reset the switch with no luck when the light came on.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Budd, check to see if it is the switch in the proportioning valve... (Disconnect the wire to test.) If it is then the shuttle in the valve's center has not re-centered itself and that's the problem. You may have to replace the proportioning valve if the shuttle is stuck.

If it is not the switch in the proportioning valve, check the parking brake switch!

Reply to
PeterD

Some of the older valves had a reset under the rubber cap. (some sort of a latch button thingy) Been way too long since I played with one. Vaguely remember pulling a switch, sticking a penny and a C clamp on it, before bleeding to lock the slide in position. :/

Last resort is the BFH and tapping it loose.

Reply to
DougW

It's going to be a couple days before I can do the checks as we're having a yard sale on the 10th and 11th.

First, I'll check to make sure it's not the E-brake switch and then look for a reset plunger.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran