HOWTO Request: Changing Steering Gear

I'm switching out my steering gear with a reman, identical gear (the other one was leaking and making slight "crunch" and "thunk" noises...not good.

First, the Jeep model: 1997 TJ 4.0L. Stock steering. I'm not replacing anything but the steering gear itself. Existing pump, pitman arm, steering input shaft, etc. to be kept as-is.

So, I just picked up the new steering gear today; it's sitting in the passenger seat of my jeep waiting until I get off work. I was wondering if any of you could point me to a good writeup (Bill?) on how to change this part out, and if you had any tips/pointers/caveats for me to watch out for while doing the changeout (like the order of what to remove when, what does and doesn't need to be removed, etc.). Don't bother telling me the pitman arm sucks to take off, I'm assuming that already; I've gone ahead and rented a pitman puller from AutoZone to use this weekend. =)

Thanks in advance, Bob

Reply to
Bob

L.W.(ßill)