I built a new brushguard, picture links

I bought a set of "Super Oscar" driving lamps at the Jeepster Club picknik in Ione, and put them on. They were going to get damaged, so i built a new brushguard out of old pipe, then went out and tested it.

Either load them all, or from the first link, go thru the next 7

In spite of Nathans problems, the "star" stays on the grill.

Paul Calman

Yo Paul

Nice album.. but I have a question re. the BSA.. The Royal Star was a 499cc, not 650.. as I understand, the 650cc was either a Lightning or Thunderbolt.. I am assuming that the engine is not the stock item..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Mike Hall

Thunderbolt..

It's a 63 A-65 650cc Unit twin, High compression, (stamped "HC" on the case). They didn't export them to the USA until 64, and in 63 the names T-bolt, Rocket, Lightning etc, were still being used on the last of the A-10s. I know of only 2 other 63 A-65s in the USA. It's stock except for the higher bars and vintage Bates hardbags, Boyer electronic ign, and a 12V RM 24 alternator . I broke a piston, it's awaiting a full restoration to begin this winter.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Did you also put a side car on an Auston-Martin?

-Hank.

Reply to
COLLIDE13

It's a 1930 Austin 7 "Chummy". Dad brought it home from NZ. I was removing my sidehack from the Goldwing after arriving in San Diego with the dog for 3 months, and thought it might look cool. I put pads on the running board and hung it there. Color changed by Photoshop. Weird thing, it is under 8 feet wide, legal on the road in California, but not smart.

Reply to
Paul Calman

OK Mr. WebTV. Enough with the black on dark blue messages... I thought AOL users were bad...

-Hank.

Reply to
Joe

Reply to