Real Jeeps have flat fenders right??

The world is full of all kinds.. This is just one of them

Fletcher

I think the death penalty should apply in this case...

Joe

No, this is really a rare piece of Jeep's history, and should be preserved. I'll bet I'd look good driving it into town, and it really would be a chick magnet at the beach.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Reply to
twaldron

On topic, I scanned some pictures from Peterson's "Off-Road Fun Cars", printed in

1970. Pictures 4-7 are of Brian Chuchua's Jeepsters, and the 8th is Steve McQueen. In the book there are many pics of baja racing, sand and desert off-roading, but none of rock crawling. The rest of the pics are just some old stuff I worked on, followed by stuff I own or used to.
Paul Calman

My 86 CJ7 had that paint scheme on it when it was new. Thankfully it was green when it came my way.

There is something major wrong with that one though!

The VIN plate isn't original, it came from something else and was just screwed onto that body.

Stock VIN plates are riveted on with special heads on the rivets. If a cop spots a screwed on one, be prepared to prove it isn't a stolen vehicle.

The body tub also has a wreckers ID mark on it and as a guess I would say it was a 76 body.

The hood also is missing the windshield supports for when it folds down.

Mike

Fletcher wrote:

Mike Romain

I think it is a scam.

The VIN isn't right, it is from a different body and has been screwed in place.

Mike

Paul Calman wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

That jeep is a classic. It may not be a rockcrawler, but a jeep collection wouldn't be complete without one.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

"Mike Romain" wrote

Common practice back then ...

The DJ-3A was only mfg 1955-1964. Was that style tub still mfg in 76?

Weren't included on this model

-Jeff

Reply to
-jc

Approximately 11/20/03 00:11, Fletcher uttered for posterity:

Apparently these were actually available as factory models during some misguided period in the past.

One would expect drivers to be extremely secure in their masculinity or to have the disposition of Bill Romanowski on meth.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Approximately 11/20/03 11:10, Paul Calman uttered for posterity:

Yeah, Fire Island, Patong, etc.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

L.W.(ßill)

That's just wrong.

Chris

Thanks for the info!

I wonder when they switched to rivets for the VIN's?

Mike

-jc wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

"Mike Romain" wrote

I would guess that it was for the reasons you suggest ... to reduce tampering.

-Jeff

Reply to
-jc

On 20 Nov 2003 20:02:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comxxxxxxxx (Robert Bills) shared the following:

My Jeep collection will never be complete.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Too funny. I just can't get the mental picture out of my mind of someone showing up at a jeep club trail ride in this jalopy...

Reply to
Patrick Mills

Paint by Pepto.

Reply to
DougW

Check These Pink Jeeps Out! Click on "Comfort & Safety".

Andy

Andy

During the period that this jeep was made, I believe that the Brits made a version of the Mini Moke and Fiat produced a 500/600 and possibly a Multipla.. all great beach wear for the time, but hideously silly driven around inland cities.. great way to scare the enemy tho.. a pink .50 cal firing color co-ordinated tracer..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Mike Hall