I thought I would join this group but........

Yeah, but you can learn a lot about the Internet, pursuing this sort of thing. For example, databasix.com just doesn't give a damn. Other ISPs or news providers have actually booted customers, for this sort of activity. You people are lucky that my Bizarro clone on alt.satellite.starband is content, now that he has taken over the newsgroup. Every once in a while, I rattle his chain a bit.

Earle

dukenews1.cox.net!duke.cox.net!filt01.cox.net!peer01.cox.net!cox.net!nx01.ia

d01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!news.glorb.com!blackhelicopter.databasix

Earle Horton

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Earle, I have to disagree with you here. I recall in the recent past where Bill netKKKopped some poor sod who was only trying to announce that he was auctioning off his TJ doors on E-Bay. Made quite the big deal out of it, however judging from the tone of the responses he was wrong. In fact the responses to his little public announcement of his abuse report wasted far more bandwidth than the original post. FWIW, I consider Bill's copies of abuse complaints, copies of headers, and childish retorts to his trollers to be Off Topic and a violation of the charter as they have nothing to do with Jeeps or Willys. Now, I am not saying Bill should not file complaints, and in fact I have sent a few myself, but it is his grand announcements that causes the trouble.

Reply to
jeff

That's because he rarely ever files the abuse complaints. Most often, he posts that 'announcement' as though he filed a complaint, hoping to end the abuse. However, I agree. A silent complaint actually filed would do the most good for the NG peace. On that note, and in SOME cases, a warning to the offender is in order in case it was done out of ignorance, but blatant SPAM deserves no warning.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

jeff wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

Now we're getting into theories of punishment, which was the toughest part of my Ethics class. Let's see, there are deterrent, repudiation, and revenge. I don't believe that Bill really cares about improving the moral well being of his pursuers, so that eliminates repudiation as a motive. Deterrent is most effective, when the punishment is public. That is no doubt why Bill prefers to use "grand announcements" of every kill. If it helps at all, to deter other abusers, I don't object. Now for revenge, a public announcement is like rubbing salt into the wound. Many people would denounce revenge, as being "personal" and not morally elevated, but I like it. (Ask any of my neighbors.)

It only took me about fifteen minutes to kill file all of Bill's playmates this morning. Now they are "heard no more: it is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."* Bill's replies, when they appear in this news group, appear to be the shadow of a mad swordsman, fencing with fantasms. In other words, typical Bill.

Earle

*Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act V. Scene 5.

dukenews1.cox.net!duke.cox.net!filt01.cox.net!peer01.cox.net!cox.net!nx01.ia

d01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!news.glorb.com!blackhelicopter.databasix

Earle Horton

But when someone points out that billy is in favor of it, then billy goes crazy.

People hate netKKKops more than they hate spammers.

If anyone were to ever actually netKKKop billy, he'd lose his precious cox account.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

After his 20th complaint to DataBasix, abuse@ started auto-forwarding his drivvel to abuse@cox He stopped after that.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

You don't JOIN a USENet newsgroup. You read it and post to it.

Please provide evidence that Bill has a friend.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

That's right up there with "I meant to lose that account", netk00k.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

After realizing that Databasix accepted no responsibility for the abusive behavior of their clients, I began sending a copy of the abuse with header to snipped-for-privacy@cox.net in hopes they at least block their servers.

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Gary L. Burnore wrote in news:e2u66u$jfv$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

I'm waiting for the "lurkers support me in email" gambit.

Reply to
Cujo DeSockpuppet

Man, I got a lot to learn about all this stuff.....

Reply to
Pink Freud

Subscribe to auk. You'd have a good laugh.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore