I thought I would join this group but........

this looks like a goat cum group. What the f*ck? Does anybody do anything with jeeps on here. If so who makes a conversion kit for a YJ. I want to put a 350 Chevy in mine. Any kits available. Can I use my transmission and transfer case is there any adapters.I've been away from the jeep world for about 12 years, and I need to catch up. I was hopeing this would be the place to do it, but I'm not sure. Thanks ahead of time if anyone can help. 89 wrangler 4 banger

Reply to
Paul

I don't have an answer to your problem, but usually this is a good group. There is just some clown who is really bored, has alot of free time on his hands, and hopefully soon will find some other group to post his worthless blabber on.

Reply to
jongig

Not sure if your trolling but

This is a good group that has lots of Jeepers willing to help you, dont let a few people who are upset with someone here bother you. Ignore those posts.

Try searching for a 350 chevy conversion and see what you get.

Reply to
ufatbastehd

If you reply and repeat the same bad language, how am I to know if you are not the culprit? This group was great only a few weeks ago... then one of our very own brought this upon us. Filter any post with "Bill" in it, clean up your language, and then maybe someone will help you.

Reply to
JimG

Yes, we do LOTS with Jeeps here in this group, but with your language, I'm not sure we would want you here.

The "Goat......." problem we are having is with one immature person, that just started recently. This is a great group, but please keep your language clean.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

"Paul" wrote in news:1146100164.196557.261830 @i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

sorry, but I am not in this group either. Just chasing a lead to who this netclown is so I can prepare an abuse report.

To get a cleaner read, get a newsreader like X-News. Killfile certain posters using the headers where anything with "@remailer" "nym.alias.net" "@anonymous>" etc.... Anonymous remailers have ruined newsgroups for fast reading I'm afrad, so it ends up being a game to the retarded/boron ones.

HTH,

BTW - Recently there has been a rash of forged emails being mailed to newsgroup posters. There has been some discussion of it being a mentally ill man who goes by the name Steve "Bowtie" Young. He creates problems by forging a newsgroup nym and starting up a slew of trouble by sending others in the same newsgroups threatening emails or morphing posts.

In many cases I have seen where a third party was wrongly accused of doing this, and had their access revoked by clueless abuse desk droids.

Be careful folks of who you blame, it may be an innocent party being set up by this loony.

Thanks

Reply to
SneakyP

See Bill, this is EXACTLY how you make them so angry they do what they have been doing.

::shrug::

Kate

Reply to
Kate

This is a very common conversion. You will have to replace the 4 banger transmission, and the input shaft of the transfer case, to be able to handle V8 power. If you have money, the folks at

have a wholesection devoted to V8 conversions in their free catalog. There are no kitsas such, but the 4wd.com stuff comes pretty close. Another company is
Their Jeep Conversion Manual, which costs amere $10, is a great source of information. Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Kate,

Real Men don't hide from trolls, or from anybody, for that matter.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net:

What Matt is asking is not that you run and hide, it's that you exhibit some common courtesy toward the rest of the group.

Think about it.

Reply to
XS11E

Real men don't whine to abuse@ addresses.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Exactly. And I never lived in Virginia, though two cousins do.

Ignoring is not the same as running and hiding. You're acting like a child.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Uh huh. Right. :-/

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I am of two opinions on this. Although I don't like seeing the abusive postings, I applaud Bill's effort to clean up his little corner of the Internet. Besides, the abusers appear to be of the type, who could benefit from a good spanking.

It is not fair to blame Bill, for dragging this trash in here. I am sure that he used legitimate means to discipline the abusers in another news group, and they just got angry and followed him. That is hardly his fault. I have seen other situations, where people would rather not be bothered, doing the right thing. Life is not like that.

Earle

dukenews1.cox.net!duke.cox.net!filt01.cox.net!peer01.cox.net!cox.net!nx01.ia d01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!news.glorb.com!blackhelicopter.databasix .com!not-for-mail

Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I was taught to use all the tools at my disposal, via the ARMY. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Path: dukenews1.cox.net!duke.cox.net!filt01.cox.net!peer01.cox.net!cox.net!nx01.iad01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!news.glorb.com!blackhelicopter.databasix.com!not-for-mail From: Gary L. Burnore Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys Subject: Re: I thought I would join this group but........ Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:23:50 -0400 Organization: DataBasix - Continuing to kick USENet ass. Lines: 40 Message-ID: References:

Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-Trace: blackhelicopter.databasix.com 1146173032 11241 blackhelicopter.databasix.com (27 Apr 2006 21:23:52 GMT) X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@databasix.com NNTP-Posting-Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:23:52 +0000 (UTC) X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 3.3/32.846 X-No-Archive: Yes Xref: cox.net rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys:574888 X-Received-Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:25:03 EDT (dukenews1.cox.net)

Real men don't whine to abuse@ addresses.

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Agreed, but replying to the troll's posts doens't contribute to the troll's spanking.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo