Mopar Fuel Injection Conversion for 258

I have an 89 YJ that has the Mopar Fuel Injection Conversion kit installed. The kit has been on the jeep for a number of years with
little problem. Today while driving the jeep started to sputter under load. When it idles everything smooths out and I can even 'rev' the engine with no trouble. When I attempted to continue driving the jeep hesitated and sputtered and basically ran like crap. I have 1/2 tank of gas. While 85 degrees is not hot this is the hottest weather I have driven the jeep in this year. I parked the jeep and after letting everything cool down it drove fine. My temp gage was reading fine, all the time. Does anyone have any ideas about what may be causing this?
My first bet would fuel filter, as the clogging sediment falls out while it sits. If it's in the same position as the later YJs with electronic injection it would be located inside the frame rail, on the drivers side above the front half of the spring. There's a shield you have to remove to get to it. God Bless America, ill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com http://www.billhughes.com /
Jeep63 wrote:

Thanks, that was my thought too. I used to have a 91 2.5 and the fuel filter on that is where you describe. On the 89 w/MPI, however, both the fuel pump and fuel filter are on a cross member directly in front of the fuel tank up near the floor in the center of the jeep. I plan on picking up a fuel filter today to see if that corrects the problem.
Thanks, Doug