Mopar Fuel Injection Conversion for 258

I have an 89 YJ that has the Mopar Fuel Injection Conversion kit installed. The kit has been on the jeep for a number of years with little problem. Today while driving the jeep started to sputter under load. When it idles everything smooths out and I can even 'rev' the engine with no trouble. When I attempted to continue driving the jeep hesitated and sputtered and basically ran like crap. I have 1/2 tank of gas. While 85 degrees is not hot this is the hottest weather I have driven the jeep in this year. I parked the jeep and after letting everything cool down it drove fine. My temp gage was reading fine, all the time. Does anyone have any ideas about what may be causing this?

Reply to
Jeep63

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks, that was my thought too. I used to have a 91 2.5 and the fuel filter on that is where you describe. On the 89 w/MPI, however, both the fuel pump and fuel filter are on a cross member directly in front of the fuel tank up near the floor in the center of the jeep. I plan on picking up a fuel filter today to see if that corrects the problem.

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
Jeep63