Inappropriate use of Jeep name?

Geez, a full sized stock '68 Plymouth beat your Enzo Ferrari

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

"Billzz" wrote

Where? You want a "heads up" when we take the Class B Lotus to the track?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Meanwhile, in our universe, Ford took 1,2,3 in the 1966 Lemans, not 1965.

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Lon

It was the worst swear word the Deuce ever heard; "No".

Enzo entertained selling and Ford sent over a bunch of hick morons. When Enzo realized he was giving up his fiefdom to such people he sent them home. Henry the Deuce wanted revenge. So he hired Eric Broadley and Lola and wrote a blank check. Ford proved that by spending enough money they could beat Ferrari at an activity Ferrari, a tiny organization, regarded as secondary anyway. Then by making them cross

1-2-3 Ford ruined the popular Ken Miles' shot at the championship title and Ford received huge ill will. Rightly so.

There are more "real" GT40s than there ever were, PLUS the "flawless" replicas, plus the pretty good replicas, plus the hokey replicas, plus the new Ford GT which is the hokiest of all with its Focus-grade interior and plastic wiring looms on parade. Take your choice. It's still a Brit cottage industry chassis (or copy of same) and a pushrod engine out of a Ford LTD. At least the Ferrari has a racing engine- hand-rammed sand castings of good Almag alloy with none of the fru-fru for going to the supermarket. If people like Nutter Llwellyn can't understand the difference between a glue horse and Seattle Slew is that your problem, or mine?

It's price is actually very calculable-two and a half million last I heard. Of course, I remember the beautiful two weeks in which the ACV of a 365 Daytona, cash on the barrelhead, went from $750K to $75K. Markets can and do implode. My guess is when the Dems win the White House, they will put a tax on collectibles transactions and values will decrease overnight from that alone. Plus which, collectibles values always tend to be inversely related to interest rates and interest rates are artificially low to keep cheap Chinese goods coming in and real estate from crashing. Our Shithead in Chief has mortgaged us to the Chinese for his nutty so called "war" and when we get run out of the Middle East (they have figured out how to fight Western powers finally: dig in good and make them come in, like the Hezzies have smacked down Jahweh's Own Army in Lebanon twice now) they will pull the plug. I see twelve-cylinder bargains in the future.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

We live in the vicinity of Pollock Pines, which is halfway between Sacramento and South Lake Tahoe, close to US 50, at the 4000 foot level. We are close, as the crow flies, but we would both have to go downhill to 49 to go north-south

I haven't been on a track since 1959-61, so my interest has waned. My son did 10-11 sec in a Pontiac, at the Sacramento Raceway, but that's drag racing, not my thing. My brother-in-law is even a top fuel dragster, and I haven't seen him race either.

Towe Auto Museum, in downtown Sacramento has an original Colin Chapman Lotus, with the interesting history. Also an XK-120 Jaguar, complete with the tickets from Monterey, about the time I was there, although I don't remember the car - but that's not the only thing I don't remember!

Reply to
Billzz