installation of wiper fluid motor etc...

My old Cj never came with any of the washer fluid hardware...not hoses, no fluid reservoir, not even sure where this stuff hooks up, how many volts it takes etc. If I were to go to a junk yard,...can't I just pull any washer motor and reservoir off of any vehicle and just add power to it or am I missing something here??? Thanks! Allen

Reply to
<ABanks5

About that simple... you would have to mount a switch on the dash somewhere, and get the spray tubes aimed at the windshield. The OEM design has a distribution nozzle set mounted just behind the hood vent.

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
Reply to
JimG

I was bit more lucky. The wires and hose were there, but no canister & motor. I went to the junkyard and got one from a old Daihatsu Cuore. Any one would do with the 12v requirement, but this was the only square small one (2 liters) I could find at the time. The rest were odd shaped and way to large (3.5 to 5 liters, filled to the max that would be to much weight IMHO).

Thom.

Reply to
Thom

best reply address: snipped-for-privacy@panix.com

On or about Fri, 19 Dec 2003, snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com of snipped-for-privacy@columbus.r...:

You've got a what, `76? 4wd.com sells the complete washer bottle and pump for about $60, (which is kinda steep, really). The OEM system had a bottle bolted to the left inner fender, down pretty low and hard up against the outer fender wall. You should find an electrical connector there, it delivers 12V when you push in on the wiper switch. (I can check and see if I can find the wire color on my `79 if you'd like). The hose passes through a grommit in the firewall and goes to a dual-headed sprayer mounted between the cowl vent and the windshield. If you go the OEM route you'll probably have to loosen the air box screwed to the bottom of the cowl vent and/or drop the dash a bit to get your hand in there.

If you need them I can pull measurements from my `79 for hole locations.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton