Wiper Motor Question?

Over the past few weeks my wiper motor has been working intermittently. Sometimes it operates sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it just pulses on and off. I have 12 volts at the switch and the washer pump operates. I have continuity through the switch on low or high speed. It got too dark to see my digital meter or I would have actually checked volts. The motor has continuity across both low and high speed wires and contact points. The motor's 28 years old. I'm sure it's the motor.

Where would you recommend to purchase a new one. Tellico is $79. 4wd is $99. Any other's? I've used 4wd, but not Tellico. Is Tellico reliable?

Reply to
Paul Brogren

without looking it up - I think there is a "parking" mechanism on or around the motor. If that is what is wrong & it can be replaced or fixed - it would be cheaper.

Reply to
Carlo Jr.

Hi Paul...before u buy any thing check the motor ground connection...take the cover off. and make sure the ground is clean and tight..and make sure the wire from the bat. neg. terminal to the fire wall is also clean and tight...Gene `75 CJ5 258 w/HEI and TBI, original owner...

Reply to
Moggy2cat

Although it could be the motor I agree with Gene. I had similar symptoms and it was a faulty ground.

connection...take the

tight..and make sure the wire

and tight...Gene

Reply to