Help me identify a crimp connector

I'd search for it but don't know how to properly describe it so the googs knows what I want... basically I would like to install a rearview
mirror with the compass/temp display in my old Jeep. (there was an optional overhead console, but it's rare and expensive.) I need a couple connectors to add some wires to the 7-pin connector that comes with the mirror, I believe that Gentex/Donnelly/Cipa are all the same. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the terminology used for these connectors so I don't know how to make Digi-Key etc. look for what I want. It's a little square shaped socket with a weatherpack style crimp. Worst case scenario I could order a Jeep factory harness for a Wrangler but that's $40 I don't want to spend for a handful of little crimp connectors. Anyone know what I need, or think they could take a stab at it if I posted pics and/or dimensions?
thanks
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

I can't quite figure out what you are trying to describe. You could try Mouser.com. They list 18,967 different automotive connectors. http://www.mouser.com/Interconnects/_/N-5g3y/
On 03/15/2012 05:03 PM, Nate Nagel wrote: <snip crap> > Anyone know what I need, or think they could take a stab at

do you really think anyone would bother /without/???
this is like your post on trunk contents arrangement. get up off your lazy-ass ass and make some kind of effort to help yourself you lazy sonofabitch.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Right. What's this, the 51st time you've plonked me...?
I'll bet not. I'll bet you respond to me via responses to others, just like Brent the coward.
You couldn't fool a child of 5. -----
- gpsman

If it's crude, might be Molex. Many varieties though.
Greg

gs

imp.

ler

at

No, I think it's this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300629565917
difficulty - I don't physically have the mirror yet, I was told that I was getting it as a gift but I don't actually have it in my hands yet, but based on the installation instructions, it does not include al the wiring in the connectors for the mirror. Here's the mirror
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
I'm a little annoyed that the harness included with the mirror does not include the wiring to make the map lights work correctly or the reverse disable wire, and Cipa's official response is to buy another harness for $50-60 which I consider unacceptable. I thought that someone might know what it was because it seems to be a standard connector for the newer style multi-function rear view mirrors, but online searches didn't yield anything (yet) as to what terminals are used. Seems that SOP is to find a GM product in a wrecking yard and to cut the connector out of the harness, and/or order a Jeep Wrangler mirror harness from a Jeep dealer. Both of those seem a lot of trouble when likely the correct connectors are available from Mouser or Digi-Key but I haven't found anything that'll lead me to the right part number.
I guess I'll just have to wait until I have it to physially inspect, although I was hoping to order something ahead of time so I could use my shiny new toy right away :) (although, honestly, the real reason I wanted it was for the outside temp display, which a) won't be an issue until winter comes around again, as generally if we're going to get one last storm it'll be in the first two weeks of March and that hasn't happened and b) that functionality will work fine if wired up with only the wires provided with the unit.
It does seem like a bowl of crap, though, that Cipa sells an expensive mirror like that without all the wires necessary to make it function correctly... it's a little insulting to the people who will be installing it that they think we can't handle finding the dome light wires and the reverse light wire, and in fact don't even document the full pinout of the mirror in the installation instructions (although they will send it to you if you ask)
nate
On 03/16/2012 06:11 AM, N8N wrote:

absolutely incredible. but it's typical nate attention-seeking tempest-in-a-teapotism.

poor baby wants attention and to be spoonfed.
meanwhile, any self-respecting "engineer" has already figured it out and got on with it already.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

[...]
Is this what you're looking for? http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f &t887

ror

he

mp.

er

at

f&t887
yes, that's the guy - the 7-pin connector, and specifically the female terminals for it.
I *think* I finally found some info. that will lead me to the right parts... but it wasn't definitive... I have pulled the cut sheet and will compare to the harness when the mirror shows up and post success or failure. (I hesitate to post w/o confirming as then people with the same question may find speculation rather than the definitive answer.) If the info that I have is right, they're dirt cheap from Digi-Key, which is the effect for which I was hoping.
nate

Ha. You're among the laziest googletards I've ever seen.
For a gearhead you seem woefully inept installing your bolt on go- fasters... -----
- gpsman

I think you need to learn to include the most basic prerequisites; year, make and model. Rookie mistake, you've only been here 10 years.
It's a Jeep, might be an old one, might be your old one... might be a Wrangler, or maybe the Wrangler part is interchangeable... or maybe you're just guessing...
Could you at least back it up to the interweb and let us listen to it...? -----
- gpsman