It's been quite a few years!

Its been quite a few years - I haven't been a regular since 02 or so? Good to see RAMJ+W is still alive and kicking.

The only jeep i have right now is a grand cherokee 5.9, with a mild lift on

31's. I might pick up another TJ to play around with though - waiting for the right one at the right price.

Jeff, Doug, Jerry, and others, its good to see you all still posting.

Bill - oddly, its comforting to see everything is still par for the course with your posts...

Cheers everyone, happy belated new year.

Reply to
Goat Crapp

Welcome back !

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

I've been eye balling a local 5.9, but the same place is offering one heck of a deal on a GC SRT8. Seriously considering the SRT8 just for the fun of embarrassing the heck out of Bimmers, and keeping the ZJ for crappy roads and mild trails.

Reply to
Who Cares

Who Cares wrote in news:S66dnTsVRelP8wzanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

The 5.9 is pretty potent with a few bolt ons... still no SRT8 GC, but there are only a small handful of machines i've driven that get off the line it does, and it's still decent (well as decent as any other stock GC) for mild offroading. It's sad that the SRT8 GC is relegated purely to on- road operation. I didn't like that move on chrysler's part... they have the srt8 300, and magnum for people who want road-only speed. a slightly more rugged srt8 grand would have been incredible coupled with a "rubicon" package, or similar.

Reply to
Goat Crapp

There was an early rumor that the newer Grand might have ride height control like some competition. I suspect the DC lawyers had something to do with the low ride height on a vehicle that can easily take out all but the M series Bimmers and hang right with them in the twisties. I would characterize it more as a street truck, which doesnt appear to hurt the creds of the working models of other street trucks. A roomy alternative to an M5 with essentially the same performance, reasonably capable full time AWD more like an Audi than a realjeep, with enough space to haul stuff, including *ss. Not really a Jeep in that sense, more of a hot rod alternative to a mini van or station wagon with AWD.

Reply to
Who Cares