Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L Throttle Body Spacer/Intake Compatibility

Is there an aftermarket air intake system that is compatible with a throttle body spacer on the 4.0L engine? I would like to use a K&N FIPK, but it will not work with a throttle body spacer. I have a throttle body spacer and a homemade intake right now, but I would like something that has a heat shield. Any help would be appreciated!

Reply to
Brian

I hope you want this strictly for looks because a K&N and FIPK won't help performance on a Jeep 4.0L engine one iota. Really, no kidding.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The red ones are pretty, though. :-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Brian did pass the time by typing:

TB spacer = junk The power gain you feel is actually due to a change in the throttle cable geometry.

You would get some benefit from a slightly larger (bored out) TB. More if it's backed up with a tuned exhaust header and cat-back.

As for a heat shield (presume: air box) like the K$N system you can go get sheet stock and bend one. Then slide some door seal trim around the outside. That's what the K$N FIPK is anyway.

hint: build yourself one out of cardboard to get it fitting perfectly then transfer that to metal. If you don't have the equipment there you can usually find a local metal shop that will help you learn and are happy to help a hobbyist.

Reply to
DougW

This?

Eric

Reply to
Eric Shade

Eric Shade did pass the time by typing:

:) Amazing, those have been around ever since magnets were "magic".

On the bright side you can use them to hold nuts while your working on the engine.

Reply to
DougW

DougW proclaimed:

...err, OK? Wouldn't that tend to sort of give you a wedgie? I always just use a jock strap while working on a vehicle.

Reply to
Lon

Yeppers Jerry and Bill are correct, there are no short cuts to HP and performance gain. You have to spend real big $$ to do anything noticeable not one of the snake oil salesmen will stand by their product with a guarantee. It reminds me of the fuel magnets to realign the electrons in the fuel to provide better fuel economy.

HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

Lon did pass the time by typing:

Nah, brass isn't magnetic. :)

Reply to
DougW

I have a set I use to magnetize my screw drivers just slide the screw driver between the threw and it is magic works better than a fuel saver.

HarryS

Reply to
HarryS