Jeep no start, no crank - help!

Have 1993 Jeep Cherokee with 250000 mi. on it... just bought it. Started fine yesterday... now this am it would not crank, grunt or anything.. just the 'buzz' - battery is good, but put a charger on to make sure... blower fan works, head;lights work.. Could this be an ignition problem... any guidance or advice most appreciated. Weather tomorrow down to 0 degrees and -12 Xmas morning.. Don't plan on working with it until next Tuesday.. but all ideas welcome and thanks. R. Griffith Ohio

Reply to
Ralf

Sounds like a bad starter to me. I would guess that the starter drive isn't moving onto the flywheel and buzz you hear is the starter motor turning. Tom T

Reply to
Tom T

Reply to
RoyJ