Join us this weekend in your jeep

wierd, try

then go to the run galleries then on the second page look at the one with the LCIR gate on it. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

LOL Im not paranoid. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Well it was just the center line. But it sure was steep. I went right up it at 2mph. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I get a blue screen on the galleries.

At least it isn't the 'blue screen of death' color....

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

Bill wouldn't be either, except that someone blabbed!!!

Reply to
TJim

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Go to

and run their program and come back andtell us about it.... First check your internet speed on a download speed test site. Your ISP will likely have a link to a good one, then kill the 30 or 40 spyware things that are all calling home when you are online and check your speed again.

LOL!

I just ran Lavasoft and came up clean because I use Netscape.

Just for the heck of it, I will fire up Exploder and view all your stuff, then run lavasoft again.

I will let you know....

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

There is video there?

That I couldn't find using exploder.

Mike

Will H>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks Bill, the Doctors have impressed that on my mind quite clearly already using words like quadraplagicic and blind to just make me listen 'real' good, I hope.... ;-(

If it hurts, I am supposed to stop anything I am doing these days....

It 'hasn't' been a fun summer....

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Well, you should be!

I just ran your page and got 7 'tracking' cookies and one 'normal' cookie!

I was clean on a scan before I used explorer to view your page.

Nice shots anyway, but....

Holy Crap, '7' 'tracking' cookies to call home every time I click on something????!!!!!!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

Approximately 8/26/03 17:45, Mike Romain uttered for posterity:

Why? LavaSoft doesn't do AdAware.... as noted on that web page.

You need to go to

for AdAware. If you really want the cruft off, pick up the best one available... SpyBot Search & Destroy. Just be damned careful how you use its spyware reports. May be better to run StartUp Cop first, as it is easier for non-techies to recover from oopsies using StartUp Cop's disable but leave intact feature. Plus the SpyBot S&D web page has the freebie FileAlyzer so you can poke around in the files you discover before doing anything silly.

If you have Java enabled,

has a pretty good one, but check it against at least 2 different servers.

It is easier to stay clean with Netscape, but the public distribution of Netscape has contained spyware... it also comes with AOL Instant Messenger.

At least Netscape 7.1 and the related Mozilla have no open CERT advisories.

? I don't see any spyware junk on this url:

The LCIR3.wmv video is set to open in target="other" but don't see anything else... of course also have Norton installed in addition to SpyBot.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

My thoughts are with you Mike, take it easy and breathe easier after that clot has been taken care of.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

I like SpyBot, too, but AdAware sometimes finds things that SpyBot misses (and vice versa). I keep both of them on my laptop as well as Norton antivirus and ZoneAlarm firewall. (I'm not paranoid, just realistic..."It's a jungle out there!")

Reply to
TJim

Ditto, Mike. We'll be holding our breath for you, too.

Reply to
TJim

Somehow it held. It was hard to get back in. Luckily he lives in borrego springs 40 mins away and he drove 30 mph all the way home. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Oops, you are right, wrong url.

I just typed it in rather than linked to it.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

The video clip is the second frame of stills. It isn't indicated very well, but if you right-click, you can Save As to your hard drive.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Wow theres a whole world of cookies I never worry about. I just do weekly maintenance. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego